Saturday, September 28, 2013

Separation of Church and State....kind of.....


A week ago I attended a debate hosted by the Committee for Future El Paso in (you guessed it!) El Paso, TX to hear arguments on the separation of church and state. It was very timely, as I had recently found myself in a couple of different robust (and petty) Twitter kerfuffles over the matter. So I was interested to see how closely the debate would mirror the conversations I had been having, and I was eager to hear other arguments from both sides that I had never heard, as well as maybe some elaboration on points that I am already familiar with.

What I got instead was a front-row seat to an utter clusterfuck wrought with meandering segue after irrelevant segue marked by a complete lack of consideration, decorum and organization. Mind you, this was mostly due to only one of the debators. I will let you guess which one.

I could rant for a long time on this (there is plenty of material to work with), but I think the debate will speak best (or otherwise) for itself. So, without further ado, I give you, David Marcus and be-stubbled Alec Baldwin doppleganger, Bishop Tom Brown.

(If you want to skip straight to the debate, it starts about 6 minutes in. I really didn’t mind the opening statements, it’s everything after that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment